And the day came when the risk to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom
Don’t turn away. Keep your gaze on the bandaged place. That’s where the light enters you
You cannot teach a man anything. You can only help him discover it within himself
No man can reveal to you aught but that which already lies half asleep in the dawning of your knowledge
This policy explains what happens to any personal data that you provide to me, or that is collected from you. It will be updated from time to time so please do review it regularly.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Under GDPR I have a legal duty to protect any personal information I collect from you.
This policy covers personal data that I collect from you whenever you engage with the website, email me, telephone or sign up to my blog. I also analyse how users interact with the website so that I can offer the best possible experience.
The Types of Information I collect
In operating the website I may collect and process the following information about you
- Details of your visits to the website and the resources you access, including but not limited to traffic data, location data ,weblogs and other communication data related to use of the website .
- Personal information collected may include (and is not limited to) your name, address, email address, telephone number, date of birth, gender and personal descriptions.
I only collect information that is:
- Necessary to carry out my business,
- Enables me to provide the services you have requested
- enables me to notify you of any changes to services, procedures and terms
- Enables me to meet my contractual commitments to you with regards to session booking , payments and other relevant communications relating to our professional relationship
What do I do with this information?
Cookies may gather information about your computer so that I can analyse the usage of my website. These cookies will not identify any details about you personally they only collect anonymous data such as date and time of visits and how you are using the site.
All computers have the ability to decline cookies. This can be done by activating the relevant setting on your browser. Please note that should you choose to do this your smooth use of the website may be affected.
The information that I collect, process and store about you is used for the following purposes:
- To provide you with the information requested in relation to my service
- To meet my contractual commitments to you with regards to session booking , payments and other relevant communications relating to our professional relationship
- To notify you of any changes to services, procedures and terms that may affect my service
- Because in certain circumstances I have a legitimate business interest in doing so and in those circumstances you will be able to opt out at any time.
Storing your personal data
Data that is provided to me is stored on a secured server. Details relating to transactions entered into on the site will be encrypted to secure its safety.
To the best of my knowledge, understanding and belief your information will not be transferred outside the European Economic Area (EEA) or to any country which is not approved by the European Commission. If this changes then I will let you know.
Sharing your Information
Your personal information is not shared with anyone except
where I am required to do so to comply with the law (eg in case of threat to life, your own or another, suspected acts of terrorism or money laundering),
to practice ethically or protect my rights
to properly administer the services you agree to receive from me.
On this website I seek to provide safe and relevant external links for your support. These external websites have their own privacy policies which you are advised to always check.
I cannot guarantee or verify contents of any externally linked website and cannot be held responsible for damages or implications caused through visiting these external links.
Under data protection law you have the following rights
- The right to be informed as to what I do with your information. This includes but is not limited to the right to know what information I gather, process and store and what I do with it.
- The right to ask me for
access to information that I hold about you .
opportunity to correct or delete your personal data
to restrict/stop any active processing of your personal data
These rights may not always apply if you ask us to delete information which we are required by law to keep or have a legitimate interest in keeping. If this should be the case we will let you know when I respond to you.
Please note that a request for access will be liable for an administration fee.
For questions, comments and requests regarding this policy please email Marijke@talkingtherapy.uk.com
Or write to the data protection officer at 40 Royal Rd TW11 0SB