And the day came when the risk to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom
Don’t turn away. Keep your gaze on the bandaged place. That’s where the light enters you
You cannot teach a man anything. You can only help him discover it within himself
No man can reveal to you aught but that which already lies half asleep in the dawning of your knowledge
My priority is to offer a warm and respectful relationship in which you feel safe exploring issues, coming to terms with what’s worrying you and finding positive new ways to manage your difficulties.
Before training as a Psychotherapeutic Counsellor I was a Speech and Language Therapist. This experience taught me the importance and complexity of communication within relationships and enhances my work as a counsellor.
I began working with couples in 2002 and have been working with individuals since 2008. I have experience of counselling in the workplace, within NHS primary care, a university setting and within agencies offering low cost services. Currently I work in private practice.
Qualifications, Training and Experience
- BA (Hons) Integrative Relational Counselling (2011)
- Advanced Certificate Integrative Counselling (AQA) (2008)
- Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) Practitioner Certificate (2006)
- Relate Certificate in Couple counselling (2005)
- Emotionally Focussed Therapy for Couples 2014 – 16 . Working towards certification
- CBT Certificate
- Post Graduate Training in working with Boarding School Survivors 2016
I am a registered member of the BACP